*Limited space available: Registration will close 7 days prior to course date. Cancellation must be done 7 days prior to course date. If you have any questions please contact Leah at firstname.lastname@example.org
*This is a 2 day course, with limited registration*
Process Control Techniques 2 continues to build on the strong foundation covered in Process Control Techniques 1.
You will be able to analyze and solve complex control applications. The extensive simulation labs cover some of the most common and readily applicable control strategies available.
You will also take home spreadsheet tools that can be directly applied to your current process control challenges. Process Control Techniques 2 will help you help your plant
graduate from simple operability towards profitability.
Process Control Techniques 1
Working Knowledge of Excel
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
DCS/ Control Engineers
Process Control Techniques 1 Review
• Lambda Tuning for Self-Regulating and Integrating processes.
• Cascade loops
• Interacting loops
Lambda Tuning a system of loops
• Linear vs. Non-linear processes
• Examples of non-linear processes (pH control and Forced draft flow control)
• How to implement Gain Scheduling
Application of Gain Scheduling for pH Control and Forced Draft flow control
PID Lambda Tuning
• First Order vs Second Order processes measuring the process dynamics (two Time Constants)
• Review of 'D' action and different forms of PID algorithm D action on PV vs. Error
• PID Lambda tuning
• Lab Exercise: Tuning temperature controller on a heat exchanger
• Identification of Load variable
• Calculation of Feedforward Gain
• Overview of dynamic feedforward control
• Lab Exercise: Tuning a feedforward controller on a heat exchanger